23 June 2008

Generations


Earlier this month, my Aunt Dorothy passed away. While I do not buy into the usefulness of wakes or funerals, I do appreciate that often times, they bring together family that hasn't seen or spoken to each other in some time. Being able to catch up with people who meant so much to me in childhood, but had faded into their own distant and busy lives reminded me how important family can be. In addition, seeing these people always brings back reminisence and stories, some old...and some new. This here is a picture of Auntie Charlotte and Auntie Dorothy (right) standing with my dad, with what I believe is a bicycle Santa brought him for Christmas. How cute is he? And how eerie that he looks some much like his grandson...I wonder if he sees what I see.....

No comments: